Today's cupcake recipe is one of my absolute favorites!! It's a lemon chiffon cupcake. The recipe is from Food.com. Its very simple and easy to make. AND its not time consuming at all!! <-- that's the best part!
- 3 cups of cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup of sugar, divided
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, whole zest
- 4 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place cupcake liners into cupcake pan.
- Sift together the cake flour, baking powder, and half of the sugar into a large mixing bowl or stand mixer and reserve.
- In another large mixing bowl or stand mixer, combine the egg yolks, vegetable oil, water, vanilla extract, and lemon zest. Mix with a handheld mixer or whip attachment until throughly combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the egg yolk mixture gradually to the dry ingredients, and mix until a paste forms. Once a paste forms, scrape the sides of the bowl and add the remaining half of the egg yolk mixture. Beat for an additional 2 minutes on medium speed.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites on medium speed until soft peeks form. Gradually add the remaining sugar while beating the egg whites and continue to beat until medium peaks form.
- Gently blend 1/3 of the beaten egg whites into the egg yolks mixtures to lighten it. Gently fold in the remaining egg whites.
- Distribute batter evenly into cupcake pan and bake for about 20 minutes. Let cool and frost with you favorite frosting!
Have any great recipes you want to share on STC? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and your recipe could appear on the DAILY CUPCAKE RECIPE!!!