Saturday 7 May 2011

DAILY CUPCAKE RECIPE

     As I said in my preious post, Saturdays are the perfect days to bake some delicious cupcakes!! So that what I did today, and its because of the baking I was doing that this post is so late. My little brothers have baseball games today, so I decided to make cupcakes for each of their teams!! I used a family recipe for the chocolate cake and a vanilla buttercream recipe from Wilton.com. They came out beautifully. It was the first time I made chocolate cupcakes from a family recipe and I wasn't sure how they would turn out but they were as close to perfect as you can get!! I was soo pleased with both recipes, and will definitely be using them again! The Wilton Vanilla Buttercream recipe is what I will be posting today, as I don't want to give out my family's chocolate cupcake recipe, sorry! But, I will post some pictures below to make up for it!!! : D



Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine softened
  • 1teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (approximately 1 lb.)
  • 2 tablespoons milk

Makes:

About 3 cups of icing.

Instructions:

In large bowl, cream shortening and butter with electric mixer. Add vanilla. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Keep bowl covered with a damp cloth until ready to use.
For best results, keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not in use. Refrigerated in an airtight container, this icing can be stored 2 weeks. Rewhip before using.
For thin (spreading) consistency icing, add 2 tablespoons light corn syrup, water or milk.

     And there you have it, the buttercream recipe everyone raves about every time I use it. I'm positive you'll recieve the same responses, PLUS its such a simple recipe to follow and it doesn't take long at all!! 










Let me know if you use this recipe! 
I want to hear what your thoughts on it are!! 
Comment or email at smalltowncupcake@yahoo.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment