In celebration of Cinco De Mayo, this cupcake recipe will keep the fiesta going all night long! It's a rather simple lemon-lime cupcake.
- 1 1/2 cups of butter
- 3 cups of sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of lemon extract
- 1/4 cup of tequila
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup lemon-lime soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line two cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 15 minutes. Mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing each until well blended.
- Stir in lemon extract and tequila. Then stir in the flour, alternating with the lemon-lime soda, just until the batter is smooth. Spoon the batter into the prepared cups, dividing evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Let cool and frost with Tequila glaze below...
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- 2 tablespoons triple sec liqueur
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Combine confectioners' sugar, tequila, triple sec liqueur, and lime juice in a small mixing bowl.
- Mix until smooth, then pour glaze over still warm cupcakes
These cupcakes will be the hit of your fiesta!
Especially with that delicious glaze!
Have a Cinco De Mayo cupcake you want to share? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!